Tuesday 11 December 2018

If what you say is accurate ..

Why Isn't there an Organised Group Questioning AGW (Climate Change) ??

Well the simple answer is there IS  -  There is a policy foundation set up by none other than Lord Nigel Lawson ex Tory Chancellor of the Exchequer under Mrs T.  The group is called The Global Warming Policy Foundation - who produced the paper on Groupthink (see earlier blog) and on Climategate.

https://www.thegwpf.org/

If  34 years ago during the miners strike someone had suggested that in 2018 I would find myself agreeing on anything with Nigel Lawson, who I held and still hold jointly responsible for one of the most cruel and destructive episodes in UK industrial history leaving a bitter legacy to this day, I would have said (but in much stronger terms ) that was very unlikely.

However one of my aims in writing this blog is to encourage critical thinking /review, myself included so.....  Here's one passage, my highlighting, from a Nigel Lawson essay that may prompt some political /moral angst :
" But what moves me most is that the policies invoked in its name are grossly immoral. We have, in the UK, devised the most blatant transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich – and I am slightly surprised that it is so strongly supported by those who consider themselves to be the tribunes of the people and politically on the Left. I refer to our system of heavily subsidising wealthy landlords to have wind farms on their land, so that the poor can be supplied with one of the most expensive forms of electricity known to man.!
His whole essay is below - have to admit it's clear, well written and I consider fair, though in a few minor passages the harsher Nigel Lawson of old creeps out .. sure you'll be able to easily spot them.

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2014/05/Lawson-Trouble-with-climate-change.pdf


No comments:

COVID Lockdowns : Propaganda

Two legs good - Four legs bad The title of the UK Government policy brought in to attempt to deal with the spread of COVID-19 was “Staying ...